In the fiercely competitive sporting world, nobody remembers second place. In the business world, we are not in a fight or a race, there are no gold or silver medals, no screaming fans but if you’re not on the first page of Google, first in the buyers mind, first to provide a solution, you may as well be last.
Here are 6 Steps to Success on how Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao have become the best in their industry and how you can too:
- Begin with the end in mind – these two champions didn’t start off being champions, but they had a crystal clear ‘end in mind’, a vision, of being champions long before it became a reality.
- Know the reason (end goal) of why you are working so hard, and then set a game plan by working backwards to achieve these goals.
- Unbreakable focus – They always have their eyes on the prize. Obstacles are inevitable, but with their disciplined focus, obstacles become stepping stones.
- You will come into hard times, but by knowing your ‘Why’ you will continue to focus on your priorities and goals, rather than your setbacks.
- Insatiable work ethic – To be at the top of their game, they have encompassed a “whatever it takes” mind-set, which, amongst others, means outworking their competition. If it means training earlier for longer, then no questions are asked.
- Outwork your competition. Be willing to do “whatever it takes.” You can’t have a million rand dream with a minimum wage work ethic.
- Practice, Practice, Practice Seconds can mean the difference between being crowned a champion and being second best. These two boxers are at the top of their game, having disciplined themselves for years, for hours upon hours to master their craft.
- Practice areas of your business that need to be mastered. Sales, for example, is the lifeline to more customers, which means more revenue and more profit. Master these areas which need more practice.
- A strong chin Obstacles and upsets have been part and parcel of their journey to the top. Without a resilient focus and a crystal clear view of their goals, success would be a far-cry.
- Expect and accept that setbacks will cross your path, but do not let them deter you from your goals
- A coach in your corner Their coaches hold their fighters accountable to their goals and make sure they stick to their game plan. They provide their fighters with a bird’s eye view of their progress and offer guidance to get the best out of their fighters.
- Consider having a coach in your corner to brainstorm with you, mentor you and most importantly, hold you accountable to your goals.
Take some time to see how you can implement these 6 steps in your business and which of the steps you need to priortise.
Should you wish to find out more on how to implement some of these successful strategies into your business, or wish to be connected to a recommended Business Coach, please feel free to peruse through our website www.threepeaks.co.za or contact us on 0861 373 257.